I couldn’t keep away from the computer. So…a couple of new things.
Small update on the chart:
You can see there’s a save file system the and separate branches for ‘New Game’ and ‘Load Game’. Hence I’ve got started on the main menu so I can implement those 2 branches. For the save file, I’ve decided to avoid being complicated and just used DBP’s ‘Save Array’ and ‘Load Array’ commands. Whilst it does mean 1 file per array, but the save files are put away tidy so it’s a viable system…at least for now, I mean, it’s not if it doesn’t end up doing what I want it to do – current tests show that it ought. 😉
For example, here’s the directory for ‘Save Slot 1’:
And you can see the menu below. The part of the menu you can see is the class selection screen, so whenever you start a new game you get to choose what path you want to go on.